– The Beach Boys’ “I Get Around” blasts on speakers as second graders, third graders and a mix of fjortisar, cowboys & indians, superheroes, transvestites, santa clauses and pirates assemble on the grass at Mölleplatsen.
– A group of first year girls huddle behind the windmill before revealing the transvestites’ ace of spades, a guy wearing a long-haired black wig, a grey dress, red stockings and in true team spirit, fake breasts and a black mole on his left cheek.
– In a spur of madness, chocolate milk is enjoyed from plastic Winnie the Pooh cups as mysterious liquids are carried around in metal flasks.
– The first years are sent off, eagerly heading into town. Shortly after, the so-called “devils” frantically call all team leaders, desperate to know all of the teams’ locations. Sabotaging the first years’ pursuits doesn’t come that easily, after all.
– In an extremely professional manner, the music is stopped abruptly and it is announced that two students are making a McDonalds run. Thus ensues the frenzied order of cheeseburgers, fries and cokes along with the disappointed sighs of teens who wanted McFlurries but figured a melted ice cream on a cold September evening might not be the wisest choice.
– Shouts and laughter fill the air as news spreads that the Santa Clauses have executed one of their hardest tasks; Walk into Burger King, order a burger, look through it, yell “I WANTED IT WITHOUT A PICKLE” and finally, throw the burger into the unfortunate employee’s face. A police report soon followed.
– Half an hour before the teams are due back at Mölleplatsen, an Apoteket bag is passed around. Amusement is expressed from whoever looks inside which is a sign if any that the prize has arrived.
– The teams return and their points are instantly counted by their leaders. Videos of their exploits are passed around, one highlight being a transvestite walking up to an unsuspecting man who, with his girlfriend at his side, was subjected to the following pick-up line; It takes 134 minutes of active sex to burn all the calories from a bag of chips. I just ate five. What are you doing tonight?
Congratulations to the Cowboys & Indians, who after noble and daring efforts had the immense honor to win Bladins’ Inspark committee’s acclaimed prize: 20 bags of chewing gum and a lifelong supply of Bladins pens.